Call for Scores: JIB 2012
Please submit the following materials for consideration as a participant for June in Buffalo 2012. All application materials must be postmarked by: February 17, 2012.
1. A résumé or curriculum vitae detailing your education, experience, and creative activity.
2. A letter of reference from someone acquainted with your current compositional activity.
3. A proposal requesting the performance of a recent work for:
a) flute, clarinet, piano, percussion, violin, cello (or subset)
b) flute, clarinet, harp, piano, 2 percussion, violin, viola, cello (or subset)
c) saxophone, 2 trumpets, trombone, percussion (drum set), percussion (mallets), electric guitar, electric bass, violin (or subset)
d) flute, oboe, clarinet, trumpet, horn, trombone, percussion, piano, violin, cello (or subset)
e) 4 percussion (or subset)
f) solo instrument
Proposals with electronics or multimedia will be considered.
Included with the proposal should be a brief description of the work that includes title, duration, full instrumentation, and any technical requirements. Proposals for works in progress will be considered. A portion of the score plus the description listed above must be included with application materials for in-progress works.
4. One or two supplemental scores that demonstrate your recent work and accompanying recordings, if available.
5. A $25 non-refundable processing fee. Checks or money orders should be made payable to June in Buffalo. Foreign applicants must pay by international money order in US currency. Do not send cash.
6. An e-mail address at which you can be easily contacted and a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope (optional) for the return of application materials.
To apply as an auditor please send a resume and the processing fee. Auditors attend all June in Buffalo events, but will not have a piece performed.
Materials should be mailed to the following address:
June in Buffalo
220 Baird Hall
Department of Music
University at Buffalo
Buffalo, NY 14260
Participant Tuition $725
Auditor Tuition $350
On-campus Housing (optional) $325
On-campus housing includes single occupancy room for 7 nights. Food not included.
For general information, contact J.T. Rinker
phone: (716) 645-0624
fax: (716) 645-3824